16th Annual Conference of the Midsouth Computational Biology & Bioinformatics Society (MCBIOS ’19)
“Informatics for Precision Medicine”
Birmingham, AL March 28th – 30th, 2019
Why to Participate?
The 16th Annual MidSouth Conference on Computational Biology and Bioinformatics (MCBIOS ’19) annual conference is a premier annual meeting for bioinformatics researchers, professionals, and trainees in the Middle and Southern areas of the United States. It has a major venue for informaticians to exchange late-breaking research results, learn technological trends, and network in the region. This annual event has been organized by the MCBIOS society and served as an affiliate satellite meeting of the International Society of Computational Biology (ISCB). The research theme for MCBIOS 2019 is “Informatics for Precision Medicine” and will be hosted by the University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Medicine and co-sponsored by various academic and industrial entities related to genomics, information technology, health sciences and biopharmaceuticals.
The MCBIOS program committee is soliciting one-page abstracts related to the research theme “Informatics for Precision Medicine” for presentations (both oral and poster) to be held in March 28-30, 2019 at the DoubleTree Hilton Hotel, Birmingham, AL.
Attendees will share and discuss novel ideas on emerging topics related to genomics, bioinformatics, biocomputing, medical informatics, algorithmic/database development, applied statistics, bioengineering, data sciences, and their relevant precision medicine applications in disease and consumer health. We welcome researchers in all stages of career, from students, postdocs, junior faculty, and experienced researchers, to disseminate late-breaking interdisciplinary research work at this meeting.
Topics of Interest
As with past years of MCBIOS, we are broadly interested in a wide range of bioinformatics research and development, which involves the development of novel computational techniques, software tools, and databases to help manage, query, and interpret biomedical data. This year, we are particularly interested in abstracts that fit well with the theme “Informatics for Precision Medicine”. Top quality research that falls outside this theme but closely related will also be considered. Basic bioinformatics research in other areas not related to medicine may also be considered, if new informatics techniques are developed or used.
Below are proposed sessions by area chairs:
- Clinical and Omics data integration
- Protein structure, function, dynamics, and interactions
- Functional genomics
- Computation in drug discovery
- Metabolomics and proteomics
- Microbiome analysis for public health
- Network biology and medicine
- Machine learning in biomedicine
- Big data in health sciences
- Clinical and translational applications of informatics
Below are other are research and application areas of interest:
- Biological data visualization tools
- Ontology and knowledgebase
- Algorithmic development Whole-genome analysis and annotation
- Single-cell analysis
- Genome structures
- RNA biology
- Multi-omics analysis
- Molecular system simulations
- Clinical genomics
Conference registration and abstract submission guideline can be found Here
- Travel assistance abstract/application deadline –January 15, 2019 January 31, 2019
- Podium presentation abstract deadline- February 15, 2019
- Poster presentation abstract deadline- March 1, 2019
- Registration deadline- March 15, 2019
Banner photo Credit: UAB